- The Association’s funds and any other assets or property, however derived, shall be applied only towards the promotion of its objectives and no part thereof shall be paid or transferred under any circumstances to any of its members. The Association’s funds that are not required for immediate use may be invested by the Council in Government or Municipal stocks, mortgage bonds or on fixed deposit or otherwise, in banks, building societies or other like organisations.
- the Association shall not pay any of its members or any member of its committees any remuneration or give him any benefit of any nature whatever for any services rendered by him to the Association;
- Provided that nothing herein contained shall prevent the payment in good faith of remuneration to any officer or servant of the Association or to any member thereof in return for any service actually rendered to the Association and/or “out-of-pocket” expenses incurred by him on behalf of the Association and which are authorised or approved by the Council.
- the Association may affiliate with or participate in the affairs of any employers’ organisation in or outside Namibia provided that the Association may only affiliate with any such other employers’ organisation with the approval of a General Meeting.
- the Association may accept any financial or other assistance from any other employers’ organisation or any other organisation within or outside Namibia provided that the Association shall obtain approval from the Minister of Labour before it accepts such assistance from any employers’ organisation or any other organisation outside Namibia.
POWERS OF THE ASSOCIATION
Subjects to the provisions of Clause 5 and to enable the Association to carry out its objects, the Association shall have all the powers necessary therefore and incidental thereto, and in particular, but without detracting from the generality thereof, the power:
- to invest and deal with any of its monies on such terms and conditions as the Council deems fit;
- to borrow monies on such terms and conditions as the Council deems fit;
- to open and operate banking accounts and for that purpose to draw, make, issue and endorse every kind of negotiable instrument;
- to engage such employees at such salaries and on such terms and conditions as the Council deems fit;
- to sell, exchange, lease or mortgage any or all of its assets in such a manner and on such terms and conditions as the Council deems fit;
- to take such steps as the council deems necessary from time to time to procure contributions to its funds;
- to establish and support or aid in the establishment or support of any other association formed for a similar purpose;
- to do everything else which is incidental or conducive to the attainment of its objects or any purpose specified in this clause.
- to take legal action and defend legal action.