An Annual General Meeting of the Association shall be held once in every calendar year at such time and place as may be determined by the Council, provided that such Annual General Meeting shall be held not later than six months after the end of each financial year of the Association and provided that not more than 15 months shall lapse between the date of one Annual General Meeting of the Association and that of the next.
9.1 An Extraordinary General Meeting of the Association: –
(1) may be convened at any time by the Council; or
(2) shall be convened by the Council within 21 days after the receipt of a written requisition thereof signed by not less than 15 corporate and/or group members of the Association stating the specific object(s) of the meeting.
9.2 Notices in respect of a General Meeting shall –
(1) be given to all members at least 21 days prior to the date of such a meeting;
(2) specify the place, the day and the hour of the meeting and, in the case of special business, the general nature of that business, and shall be given to such persons as under the regulations of the Association, are entitled to receive such notice from the Association.
(3) contain with reasonable prominence a statement that a member entitled to attend and vote is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend, speak and vote in his stead.
Notwithstanding that the notice given to members is shorter than that specified in Clause 9.3, a meeting of the Association shall be deemed to have been duly called if it is so agreed by a two‑thirds majority in number of the members having a right to attend and vote at such meeting.
9.5 The accidental omission to give notice of any meetings to any member(s) shall not invalidate any resolution passed at such meeting.
9.6 At all General Meetings of the Association, when a vote is taken, whether on a show of hands or on a ballot, every member present or represented and entitled to vote, or a proxy in respect of such member, shall have one vote only.
9.7 Proxies in respect of any members entitled to vote at a General Meeting shall be deposited at the offices of the Association not less than 48 hours before the time fixed for the meeting and shall be valid for the meeting and any adjournment thereof.
9.8 The business of the Annual General Meeting shall be:
(1) to receive and consider the annual financial statements, the report of the President and the report of the auditors;
(2) to elect members of the Council in the place of those retiring by rotation or otherwise. The election of council members shall be by ballot vote method.
(3) to appoint auditors:
(4) to conduct any business which under this Constitution ought to be transacted at an annual or other General Meeting, or any other business which is brought under consideration by the report of the Chairman for such meeting.
9.9 No business shall be transacted at any General Meeting unless a quorum is present when the meeting proceeds to business. Save as herein otherwise provided, the quorum shall be 50% plus one member with voting rights being present.
9.10 If within ten minutes from the time appointed for the holding of the General Meeting a quorum is not present, then the meeting, if convened on a requisition of members, shall be dissolved. In all other cases, the meeting shall be adjourned to the same day in the next week at the same time and place, or at such other place as the Chairman of the General Meeting shall appoint; provided that if that day be a public holiday, it shall be adjourned to the next succeeding day which is not a public holiday, and if at the adjourned meeting a quorum is not present within ten minutes from the time appointed for the holding of that adjourned meeting, then those members present or represented at that adjourned meeting shall form a quorum.
9.11 The Chairman of the General Meeting may with the consent of the members present at any meeting at which a quorum is present, and shall if so directed by such members, adjourn the meeting from time to time and from place to place, but no business shall be transacted at any adjourned meeting other than the business left unfinished at the meeting from which the adjournment took place. Notice of such adjournment shall be given to all members of the Association. Save as provided above it shall not be necessary to give notice of an adjournment of the business to be transacted at any adjourned General Meeting.
9.12 The President shall preside at every general Meeting, but if at any meeting he is not present within ten minutes after the time appointed for the meeting either one of the Vice Presidents shall preside, or in their absence or if they shall be unwilling to act, those members with voting rights who are present shall choose some member of the Council who is present to preside, failing which they shall choose a Chairman from amongst their own members.
9.13 Each question arising at a General Meeting shall be decided on a show of hands unless the Chairman or any 5 members with voting rights present in person demand a ballot, in which case a ballot shall be taken immediately in the manner determined by the Chairman of the General Meeting.
9.14 Unless the ballot as provided for in Clause 9.13 has been demanded, a declaration by the Chairman of the meeting that a resolution has been carried by a particular majority, or lost, or not carried by particular majority, shall be conclusive, and an entry to that effect in the minute books of the Association shall be conclusive evidence thereof without proof of the number or proportion of votes recorded in favour of or against each resolution.
9.15 The Chairman of the General Meeting shall have a casting vote in the event of there being an equality of votes.